10 Simple Rodent Control Tips
All homeowners face a rodent problem at least 3 times in their homes. Whether its rats and mice running through your attic or a pack of raccoons attacking your crawlspace at nights. These pesky rodents will find a way in.
What homeowners can do?
Facing rodents isn’t pleasant and leads to confusion as to how they get in and how to keep them out. Usually rodents are not alone they invade with a pack. They make fearful noises, leave feces that bring over 12 types of diseases, and ruin the foundations and structure of homes. One your home has a rodent infestation the safest way to protect your family and space is contacting a Titan Rodent Control Expert for an instant and long term solution. However if you feel brave enough to take them on yourself. Hers 10 ways on getting ride of rodents like rats, mice, raccoons, and much more.
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter the home, using caulk, steel wool or a combination of both.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Keep attics, basements and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains that provide the perfect breeding site for pests.
- Inspect items such as boxes, grocery bags and other packages brought into the home.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and keep shrubbery trimmed and cut back from the house.
- If you suspect a pest infestation in your home, contact a licensed pest professional at Titan Rodent and Pest Control to inspect and treat the pest problem.